1.23.2007

SANDWICHES AND STUPID



We're watching the State of the Union after finishing up some really great sandwiches. It's like a train wreck. I don't want to watch, but I can't look away. More of the same rhetoric ... more of the same failures and abuses on the way.

Anyway, this is about food, people! And tonight was a banner evening for high quality sustenance! Tonight, after Meena's long day and my aggressive jog at the gym, I abandoned my aspirations of cooking a chicken curry and downshifted to some sandwiches and sweet potato fries. Downshifted may be the wrong word ... maybe more like, threw it into high gear?

Anyway, we got started with the sandwiches:
- baguette
- prepared pesto
- mayonnaise
- onions
- serrano peppers
- chicken breast
- tomato
- tandori spice mix
- brie

And the delicious sweet potato fries featured:
- sweet potatoes
- salt
- tandori spice mix

Meena referred to this as a possible addition to the Bonsignour menu. That may not mean much to most of you, but to us, that's the best damned sandwich shop in the West Village. So I take that as a massive compliment. Anyway, it was really delicious with some nice creamy cheese and some spicy peppers. THIS was exactly what I was looking for tonight.

No comments: