1.30.2007

DELIVERY WITH FRIENDS






Last night was a really strange night. We had some odd happenings in the neighborhood and the street was closed down so we just decided that with the cold and day's events, it was just time to call in the good people at Friend House Asian Bistro and get some Chinese brought to the door.

Now I've recently been a big fan of China Wok. And I'm not saying my allegiance has faltered. I still love them. Especially when it's 3:00 on a Saturday and my head is still a little fuzzy from some Friday night cocktails. But Meena had requested some slightly more sophisticated Chinese this evening and I was happy to go along with her.

For me, the Friends brought:
- hot & sour soup
- hunan chicken

For Meena, they included:
- sesame chicken
- shrimp lo mein

I think everything was really well received. My hot & sour soup was one of the best I've had in the East Village. Oh. What the heck ... it was the best. Without a doubt. I've had better in other parts of town, but this one was far and away superior to anything in the neighborhood. The hunan chicken was pretty good. It was a little heavy on the oil, but I did enjoy it.

I had a couple bites of Meena's sesame chicken and it was really good. This dish is usually pretty delicious wherever you order it, but I'd say the Friends really hit it spot on. I didn't try the lo mein, but I know Meena enjoyed it.

So it was a nice night of delivery and Arrested Development/24. Can't ask for much more than that on a cold Monday night in January.

No comments: