4.21.2007

STEAK N' EGG


I got up early (not that early, but it seemed early for a Saturday when the clock struck 9:45) and immediately had cooking on my mind. I immediately started to think about something with salmon. Then went to some thoughts of smoked salmon. I flirted with Canadian bacon. I even gave spinach a little attention. But in the end, I landed on steak and eggs and Meena was more than happy to follow my lead.

So we ran over to a very empty Whole Foods and picked up the extras we needed to get this thing done. When we got home, I started on a quick pesto:
- basil
- parmesan
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- garlic
- salt
- pepper
- white vinegar

Then I just salted and peppered a nice little piece of sirloin fillet and seared it up on the pan. Once the meat had rested and been sliced, I fried a couple eggs (very poorly ... they came out crazy ugly for some reason ... normally I'm much better) and gave it all a home on one of our pristine white plates.

Cup of coffee. Beautiful girlfriend. Breakfast is served.

No comments: