5.23.2007

CLINTON STREET






Tonight was a big night. The season finale of Lost was gearing up to blow our minds and we had a Clinton Street Baking Company gift certificate to use. So we hustled down to the Clinton Street all-star for a bit of wonderful food before the show.

I just have to say, I love this place. The setting is great. The people are nice. The street is fantastic. I wish I lived about this spot. It's the best.

After some mind blowing biscuits, we got started with:
- butcher plate (bobolink cheddar, sliced chorizo, pecan-raisin toasts, sweet onion jam)

This was a near perfect starter. The toasts with the cheese and the jam? Out of this world. And those delicious bites of chorizo? I love sausage so much. It's the truth. I just do.

Meena decided to try a Wednesday night special for her dinner:
- fish tacos (cod, red cabbage slaw, pico de gallo, jalapeƱo cream, guacamole, corn tortillas)

Alec had their daily 6-8 p.m. special:
- the 10 dollar beer and burger (black angus cheeseburger on a brioche roll, caramelized sweet onions, swiss, cole slaw, and homemade chips)

I had a winner and Meena didn't. Her tacos weren't that bad, but they were mostly just bland. There was something missing. I'm not sure what. But something wasn't there. It could be that we've been spoiled by Miracle's offerings. Or it could be that the special just wasn't that special.

My burger was a different story. It was really delicious ... and honestly, a Brooklyn Lager and a burger on brioche for 10 bones? Sign me up any day of the week man. That's a steal.

I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must experience this burger and a beer for 10 bones. it is out of necessity.

- garanimal