6.20.2007

SANDWICHES


So this one ended up tasting a lot better than it looked. I think I'll be making it again, so I'll get that whole presentation thing figured out eventually. Tonight just wasn't right. I was going to stack, but I wasn't sure how the flavors would work together (turns out they work quite well). At any rate, I'll do better next time.

The mashed potatoes featured:
- sweet potato
- milk
- apple butter
- brown sugar
- olive oil
- cayenne pepper

The scallops were simple:
- sea scallops
- fresh pesto (basil, pine nuts, olive oil, pecorino, garlic, salt, black pepper)
- salt
- black pepper
- olive oil

Those flavors worked well. The sweet and spicy potatoes went really well with the pesto stuffed scallops. It was a really delightful combination and it'll definitely find its way to our dinner table again soon.

No comments: