6.25.2007

SUPER CHEAP SUNDAY



We're very close on the apartment thing and because of that, we had to go extra super cheap on the dinner situation last night. We made a quick stop by Whole Foods and picked up some of the most simple/cheap things we could find and whipped up this little meal.

The pear was supposed to be a starter, but it came out a little late due to baking time and we had it second. I had to redeem myself for the horrible one the night before. And I think I did. I didn't use much oil or vinegar, but it was soft and delicious with that wonderful maytag.
- bosc pear
- salt
- black pepper
- maytag bleu cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar

The garbage pasta dish was extremely simple:
- chicken italian sausage
- shiitake mushrooms
- dried pasta
- whole foods garlic pasta sauce
- red onion
- olive oil
- salt
- black pepper
- dried basil
- garlic
- pecorino
- red pepper flakes

Quick and simple. And pretty tasty. Meena enjoyed both dishes. My work here is done.

Wish us luck on the apartment stuff!

No comments: