10.06.2007

100% RELAXATION




I'm not sure what it is about a Bob Marley CD, a back porch in Brooklyn, beer and assorted pub foods, but they really put me at ease. We were sitting at Trout, sipping brews and waiting for some food and it just dawned on me that I never felt that relaxed in the East Village. Or the West Village. Or anywhere that I lived in the city. People talk a lot of game about Brooklyn and honestly, you just have to experience it to believe it. It's a better life. That's all I can say.

Anyway, like I said, we went to Trout for some snacks after Dumbo exploration and it was pretty much divine. After a couple drinks, we settled on some grub. Meena had:
- cheeseburger with fries

Alec had:
- pulled pork bbq sandwich

And of course, I played a part in finishing off Meena's fries. The food at Trout isn't the world's best, but they definitely don't promise that either. It's good food in an amazing atmosphere. Great beer, nice tunes. Basically the most amazing Saturday afternoon you can imagine.

No comments: