10.04.2007

SOLE FOOD


I think I've made a play on that word in a Korean post before. I hope I'm the only one who actually remembers that.

Anyway, we made some foodz last night and I finally got to work out my poached fish thing. I'd been meaning to do this for a couple days and was excited the opportunity had finally presented itself. After grabbing some lemon sole from Fish Tales, I got home and got to work with the following:
- brussels sprouts
- crimini mushrooms
- crushed tomatoes
- white wine
- salt
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- crab meat
- basil oil

I thought this was OK. The tomato sauce wasn't really the right fit. I mean, it was good, but I need to rethink this. I was inspired by some recipe I saw on tastespotting, but went in a very different direction. Maybe I should have just followed it. Food for thought.

Probably a lighter broth and no sprouts. I keep wanting to go back to some nice mashed potatoes with my fish, but I'm trying to push myself to do different stuff. I shouldn't. It's good. Eat good food and move on. Look for some mashed sweet potatoes soon.

No comments: