11.18.2007

400!



Once again (this seems to be the trend), I forgot about another milestone. I didn't plan anything big for 400. I just made dinner. Lucky for me, it was the best chili I ever made. It's awesome that the world works itself out sometimes.

We'd been kicking around the concept of chili for some time. We just hadn't made it. I'm not sure why. I think we had some warm days. And some lazy days. Regardless, we didn't get around to it until today.

Today's batch featured:
- stew beef
- kidney beans
- black beans
- onion
- garlic
- cumin
- dark chocolate
- sambal oelek
- worcestershire sauce
- salt
- wheat beer
- crushed tomatoes
- olive oil

Amazing. I amazed myself with this one. Polished off with a dollop of sour cream? The perfect Sunday meal if you ask me.

I realize adding dark chocolate to chili is no exclusive trick, but man oh man - it really takes chili to another level. I don't think I can make it any other way from here on out. The meat cooked all day and shredded into perfection.

I made enough for several more bowls. I think I want to eat them all right this second.

Stay tuned for the one year anniversary! I'll try to do something cool for that one in about a week.

No comments: