12.19.2007

LATE NIGHT. DELIVERY.




I had one of those sinister, unnecessarily long nights at the office last night so Meena was kind enough to put in a call to the boys and girls at Zaytoons while I was making my subterranean transit home.

If I'm being honest, this whole non cooking thing is driving me nuts. I know I'm going to get minimal time behind the burners when the holiday ramps into full gear so I need to act now. I need to enjoy this new knife and chop a few onions before we hop back on a plane Thursday night! Basically what I'm say is this: I need to cook tonight.

Anyway, I didn't last night and here's a breakdown of our orders, Alec first:
- shish kebab platter with hummus

Meena had:
- shawarma sandwich with hummus

There's hardly anything I can say about Zaytoons delivery that hasn't already been said. It's a mazing. The kebabs are perfect. The shawarma is succulent. The hummus nutty, rich and creamy all at the same time. Other than some seriously under ripe tomato in the salad, not on thing could have been better.

With any luck, we'll get a little home cookin' in here by tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

No comments: