1.01.2008

PARTING EGGS



We had our final breakfast in Florida this morning and it was delicious - although it was sad to head out, we certainly left with delicious breakfast in our bellies.

I started with some great local citrus (I assume it was local. I guess I don't really know if the store was honest about that). But it was good.

Dad then whipped up some omelettes with ham and cheese. Dad does these things very well. He gets the eggs perfect and thin and the interior is wonderful. I've watched Jacques Pepin make his true version and this isn't that, but whatever, man. This is a great breakfast and it's something I'll crave for weeks to come. Dad is just just good at this stuff.

He threw in some cantaloupe and we called it a meal. One last spin on the terrace overlooking an ocean that was as smooth as glass.

No comments: