4.23.2008

GHANG LIFE


On our way home last night, we threw the idea of cooking out the window and decided it was a nice night and we should just try one of the restaurants in the hood we'd never tried before.

Enter Ghang Thai. It's this little BYOB Thai place on Smith Street we've walked past 3 million times and never thought a whole lot about other than the fact that you can bring your own booze.

So we went to Smith and Vine, grabbed a bottle of Chardonnay and said, why not?

I read a review of the place this morning calling it perfectly mediocre. I mean, that might be pretty accurate. The food was pretty good. The decor was OK. I mean ... I'd go back. The people were beyond cool. I had no real complaints.

Meena did the following:
- thai dumplings
- chicken pad thai spicy

And Alec got down with:
- tom yum koong
- jungle thai with veggie duck

I'm not sure why I tried the veggie duck. That was sorta a weird call. I think I'd do chicken or something next time, but I just saw it and went with it. I don't know why. It wasn't bad. But I'm over it now.

Ghang life wasn't bad. No violence. I'd for sure do it again.

No comments: