4.13.2008

TENDER


After a little wandering around the hood yesterday we found ourselves at Staubitz on Court Street looking through the glass at the butcher's lovely counter. Meena says I light up like a kid in a candy store at the butcher. That's sorta weird. I'm not sure I like that about myself. But I'm pretty sure it's true. I love trying to think about all the great stuff I could make with all those lovely cuts of meat.

Yesterday, we decided on some nice pork tenderloin. We hadn't done a pork tenderloin in a minute and I figured it was high time I pay a little homage to my home state and get one of our most beloved delicacies fired up in my Brooklyn kitchen.

I started it out in a marinade of:
- lemon
- olive oil
- garlic
- rosemary

And once it had sufficient time to rest in the fridge, I fired it up on a skillet and got the sides browned before tossing it in the oven to finish.

Meena was kind enough to mix up a nice little rice pilaf and I got to work on some more brussels. Man, we really love those things, right? This time we used:
- shallot
- olive oil
- salt
- brussels sprouts

Once the meat came out of the oven, I gave it a minute to rest and then sliced it up for consumption. And it was lovely. The lemon and rosemary gave it a nice little punch of piney, citrus flavor and the delicate nature of the cut really did the rest.

With some brussels and some rice? We were eating like kings.

No comments: