5.04.2008

PIZZA AND PEYTON





We were lucky enough to have Peyton and the rest of the Big Damn Band in the city last night so we decided we needed a nice little meal in our system before we ran into the city to check out their set. They're known for some pretty rowdy shows, so we needed our energy, you know?

Anyway, when we need something delicious, simple and relatively quick, we always hit the tried and true pizzetta. I did a couple different versions with a handful of ingredients.

Option 1:
- flour tortilla
- chicken sausage
- watercress
- olive oil
- salt
- smoked mozzarella
- sauteed leek
- chives
- marinara

Option 2:
- flour tortilla
- chicken sausage
- watercress
- olive oil
- salt
- smoked mozzarella
- sauteed leek
- chives
- balsamic reduction

Option 3:
- flour tortilla
- gruyere
- sauteed leek
- balsamic reduction
- watercress
- olive oil
- salt

Not bad. I think the best one was Option 1. Although the third option with the balsamic reduction was pretty sweet. I liked the leek. We'd never done that before and I think it gave the whole thing a nice flavor. I'm a fan. I'll be doing that again.

And the balsamic reduction was pretty sweet. Literally, actually. But I might try that again. Maybe with a little ham. The salt would be nice. Anyway, another successful pizzetta mission complete.

No comments: