5.30.2008

SALMON IS GOOD



I don't know if it's any big deal, but I do like salmon very much and I've decided I've become pretty good at cooking it. I still use that lovely method I read about in Heat and it hasn't failed me yet. I know it's just boring old salmon, but I love it and we think it's delicious!

Last night I topped a lovely concoction of mashed potatoes with my salmon and here's how I whipped up this green goodness:
- yukon gold potato
- avocado
- olive oil
- sea salt
- skim milk

And that's about it. The salmon just got the ol' season the pan, flip once method. And it came out just crisp on the outside and perfectly creamy and delicious on the inside.

The final step was giving the fish a quick pinch of black sesame seeds and a small drizzle of sesame oil.

It might not look like much, but really was wonderful. The mashed potatoes had that slightly fruity flavor from the avocado. The salmon was creamy but just slightly nutty from the sesame oil drizzle. Oh man. It's 7:45 in the morning and I sorta want to eat this again right now.

No comments: