5.18.2008

TRUFFLED SATURDAY



I ran out Saturday morning for a couple of quick supplies for breakfast and I came home with something I'd wanted for a very long time ... truffle oil. I'm not sure why I waited so long (actually I do, it's expensive) but I have to say, it was one of the smartest choices I've made in a long time.

Anyway, the dish was pretty simple, but it was packed with that great truffle flavor. It featured:
- peasant bread
- egg
- cherry tomato
- swiss cheese
- sea salt
- truffle oil

I baked the whole thing up and it was pretty outstanding. Cheesy and rich ... and with just four or five little drops of oil, totally bursting with the truffle style.

I also threw a simple salad on the plate:
- basil
- cherry tomato
- sea salt
- black pepper
- balsamic vinegar

With a bite of the egg dish, that salad really sung. Awesome.

No comments: