6.19.2008

HOME ALONE!



Meena was out with her work friends last night so I was left to my own devices. I'm not sure what I would have made had I not been caught in a summer rain storm on the way home from the train, but I guess we'll never know. Because I was most certainly caught in a downpour on my way home.

But I was able to duck into Fish Tales for a sec and pick up a bit of fish. The rest came from the fridge.

I started with the fish:
- halibut
- miso paste
- orange marmalade
- soy sauce

And then I threw together some rice:
- white rice
- sambal oelek
- rice vinegar

Finally, some greens:
- spinach
- soy sauce
- sesame oil

Although the fish was pretty much perfect and I got it out of the oven at a perfect time, I'm not sure if the flavor was perfect. I mean, each one of these elements was great individually, but they didn't work PERFECTLY together. It was fine. Not bad. But I didn't do the most lovely cut of fish much justice. Unfortunately.

Think I could use the word perfectly again? I could. But I shouldn't.

But for a solo dinner with the Yankees bombing the Padres, not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments: