6.08.2008

PERFECT START



I woke up ready to cook this morning. I'm not sure why this happens from time to time, but often I'll wake up and the first thing that I start thinking about is choppin' 0nions and heating up the kitchen with breakfast goodness. Literally, the second consciousness returns. And I just sit there in bed thinking about it until it's too much and I have to get up and get started.

I had a nice selection of stuff left over from last night so I figured I'd use what I could to make this one happen. I started with a green side:
- swiss chard
- chorizo
- red onion

Then I whipped up some eggs:
- asiago
- eggs
- sour cream (fat free)
- truffle oil

I scrambled up the eggs, threw them on the greens and sliced up the remaining corn bread for a little extra caloric punch. I don't want to be arrogant or anything, but this sucker would sell. One of the best morning meals I've made in some time. The chorizo was perfect with the rich, truffled eggs.

This one had everything I loved and it really made it stand out. I'll be making this again soon. I promise.

No comments: