7.22.2008

SETTLING IN



Sadly Allison had to get on a plane and go back home and we had to go back to work. And it was Monday. So there weren't a lot of good things about yesterday. But as we're finally getting settled in here at the new place, we did try and pick up the mood with a little home cookin'.

Meena had suggested fajitas to help us get rid of a couple things in the fridge and I thought that sounded like an excellent idea. So as soon as I rolled up on the apt, I got moving on the tex mex fav that included:
- chicken
- red bell pepper
- white onion
- olive oil
- sea salt
- cumin
- black pepper
- a bit of "taco" seasoning from some spice shop in Milwaukee
- crushed red pepper

We served it all up with a bit of fat-free sour cream, shredded cheese and some black bean and corn salsa from Stinky Brooklyn.

Delicious!

Typically when I'm making tacos and stuff I feel like I cook all that stuff separately, but everything went into one skillet last night and I think it was nice. Flavors melted together and the flour tortillas were really singing when we stuffed them with plump bits of chicken and spiced peppers and onions.

I'd say this is probably the first really solid meal we've made here. Fingers crossed there will be some more!

No comments: