8.19.2008

FUEL




Now that we're bikers, we need some fuel to make sure we can keep up the pace, you know? Not really. We're not intense or anything. But we did ride down to Red Hook last night and hit the Fairway for a few groceries after work. And once we got home, I started whipping stuff together because we were pretty darn hungry.

We started off with a little starter inspired by Tartine:
- figs
- olive oil
- salt
- black pepper
- gorgonzola

Not bad. I should have baked the figs with the cheese, but I was thinking the heat from the fruit would be enough to get it melty. Not really. I'm going to try it again tonight and we'll do it better this time around.

For the sandwich, we went big. Maybe too big. But like I said, we were hungry. We had:
- wheat bread
- tomato
- avocado
- chicken breast
- special sauce (light mayo, garlic, anchovy, lemon juice and olive oil)


The sandwich was sorta too big for the bread. But it was really good. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I think Meena did as well. I just think we needed bigger bread. Or less stuff. But who wants to go that direction? Not us.

No comments: