8.20.2008

WOON SEN






So I'm not saying I'm totally in love with Joya again but I am saying this Woon Sen dish is sorta putting it back on the map for me. It's lovely. Truly. And last night, Meena had a hankering for some Joya, so I was on board.

After a trip into the city looking for some wedding stuff, we ruled out cooking. Too spent. So Joya it was and this is what came for Meena:
- spring rolls
- pad thai with chicken

Alec had:
- tom yum koong (extra spicy)
- woon sen with chicken

Solid, Joya. Solid. My soup was like liquid fire. It was the hottest thing ever. And I loved it. The 'sen was rockin'. It has this smoky, almost burnt flavor that just takes the broccoli and glass noodles and combines to create this amazing almost BBQ noodle taste. How can I argue with that?

No comments: