12.11.2008

LET'S GET DIGITAL




I had a sales meeting yesterday for most of the day and the whole thing concluded with a group dinner at Il Cortile in Little Italy. I hadn't been to Little Italy in literally ... four years. But it was for work and I was hungry and ... well, I had to be there.

It's always fun to be out with coworkers after a long day of meetings and have a few drinks. This is a weird economic time so it makes things sorta strange, but everyone was in good spirits and there was plenty of wine. So there's that, too.

Anyway, I had a bunch of assorted things that came around as starters. Calamari and meatballs and eggplant. Bread. Etc.

Then we moved into a pasta course. I had linguine with clams. It was pretty jam packed with garlic. It wasn't the best I've had in my life, but it wasn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

We moved into a salad after the pasta and it was the saltiest thing EVER. Like each leaf was encrusted in salt. I ate a bunch of it but I shouldn't have.

Our main courses were next and I went with the chicken in a lemon and wine sauce. It was chicken with lemon and white wine. I figured it was going to be safe and it was. Can't ask for much more than that when eating with 35 other people or whatever.

We rounded out the evening with espresso and some type of cake and it wasn't bad. The espresso. I didn't really get into the cake.

So that's that. Another sales meeting in the bag. Go team!

No comments: