12.10.2008

ZAY-BIRTHDAY



Although we're going to go out and hit a mystery restaurant for my birthday later this week (Meena won't tell me where we're going), for my actual birthday, I decided I wanted to keep it simple and close to home. Bottle of wine and Zaytoons. For a Tuesday birthday, I can't imagine anything better than that.

So we went and tried to mix it up just a little. Well. Not THAT much. I guess we just got more gluttonous. Sue me. It was my birthday! So we started with the combo appetizer plate:
- stuffed grape leaves
- hummus
- zaytoons mix
- cucumber yogurt
- turkish salad

Then Meena had:
- chicken shawarma sandwich

Alec had:
- shish kebab sandwich

We had a nice 2005 syrah from France to go with everything. I love syrah.

Anyway, it was a really nice dinner. Zaytoons was packed. We ate slowly and sat for a long time. It was exactly what I wanted. Perfect.

No comments: