12.09.2008

MONDAY MEATS



Monday. Back in the grind.

Sigh.

After our first day back in the saddle, Meena and I had to run around our frozen neighborhood to pick up a few things. When we finally rolled home, I got a few things going for a quick Monday night meal.

I threw some beef tenderloin in the following mix:
- curry powder
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper

Then I skewered it all up on some rosemary:
- green pepper
- beef tenderloin w/ curry mix
- red onion

Meena then whipped up a box of some couscous and I threw the kebabs over it.

Not bad. I probably cooked the meat a little too much. Not the end of the world, but not ideal. I did a couple test slices and thought I had it right, but didn't, I guess. It was still good. Just not perfect.

Oh, I almost forgot. I made a little sauce as well. It was supposed to feature yogurt but I forgot it. So I improvised:
- fat free sour cream
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- black pepper

So that was that. Nice little Monday night meal. Not perfect but pretty satisfying.

No comments: