6.23.2009

MEENA'S WORLD FAMOUS MEATLOAF




I was treated to something special last night, friends. I was served what I will now refer to as Meena's World Famous Meatloaf from now until the end of time.

Because in my mind, it is just that. It's delicious, friends, this much I promise you.

She started with a bit of veg:
- broccoli slaw
- spinach
- shiitake mushrooms
- soy sauce
- chicken broth
- sea salt
- black pepper
- sriracha

All those lovely, crunch greens got the sautee treatment before being paired with the main event ... the turkey meatloaf. Here's what went in:
- ground turkey
- oatmeal
- worcestershire sauce
- garlic
- sea salt
- black pepper
- fat-free yogurt
- egg
- ketchup
- onion
- sriracha

All that went in the oven for around 50 minutes at about 400 degrees. Wow.

The thing was moist, perfectly bound, full of flavor and from what I hear, not that bad for me either. Who knew?

Thanks, wife. Just beware, I'm going to request this one again soon.

No comments: